I use collage, acrylics, photographs, antique paper, text, postal stamps, dollar bills, tarot cards, even insect wings! anything that is interesting for it's color or texture, to create new collages in different formats from canvases, to wood to journals! My new pieces are all for sale, so e-mail me if you're interested, enjoy!

Thursday, June 22, 2006





Hello!
My name is Rosa Murillo and I am an artist! Yes! I can finally say I am a working artist... and for a while there I thought I was an architect (which is what my diploma says, anyway) still, architecture is a dear friend, but only in painting and collage I have found true meaning. (By the way, that's me in the picture with the little wings)
I work with collage and acrylics, and different found papers and postal stamps, I've been working on collage for a few years and now I have a few new projects I'm exited about, one of them is a series of journals I'm preparing with different themes, these ones are about fairies and the inspiration they bring
, it makes me smile to think about little fairies helping us without us even noticing them!
This one on the right is called "Writer's Fairy" and I imagine her watching over someone who is writing a great novel so she'll make sure the writer always finds the right words and ideas.
Please come bck soon for updates o new collages, thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home