I use collage, acrylics, photographs, antique paper, text, postal stamps, dollar bills, tarot cards, even insect wings! anything that is interesting for it's color or texture, to create new collages in different formats from canvases, to wood to journals! My new pieces are all for sale, so e-mail me if you're interested, enjoy!

Thursday, June 22, 2006

These are new pieces for my journal series. This one is called "traveling fairies" These two friends are having a great time! where do you think they might be? Maybe a beach somewhere in Greece....or Bombay.
I wanted them to look like they were flying in the sky but they would have none of that, they wanted a beach! so there you go.

For this one I used a real picture, the wings are a from a London map, and a piece of an old 1879 hand written deed from Mexico








This one is called "Fortune fairy" I started this one with the idea of a traveling fairy, she would know everything about foreign currency (since she lives in a bill) and she might be traveling far from home (since she's from Canada, as you can see...) maybe somewhere like China or Japan, but then she started telling me I had it all wrong, she was not traveling anywhere, she was someone else I hadn't figured out yet, so as I kept working on her, she started to give me numbers... lotto numbers!! and that's when I realised... she's a fortune fairy! She always knows the winning numbers though she won't tell you.
Well, maybe if you keep her around, she'll bring you all kinds of fortune...

For this piece I used a canadian one dollar bill, a piece of an old 1879 handwritten deed from Mexico, real insect wings from an ugly thing called cicada (if you want to find out how they look like, go here http://cicadamania.com/cicadas/ )

Also I used tissue paper with stars, and a check stub from 1947 (from my husband's grandfather!)