I use collage, acrylics, photographs, antique paper, text, postal stamps, dollar bills, tarot cards, even insect wings! anything that is interesting for it's color or texture, to create new collages in different formats from canvases, to wood to journals! My new pieces are all for sale, so e-mail me if you're interested, enjoy!

Monday, June 26, 2006












Today I just finished this commision! this piece is going to Guadalajara, Mexico, I hope to send it tomorrow. It's called 494, it's based on a caption from a book from Saint Jose Ma. Escriva de Balaguer (the founder of the Opus Dei, to learn more click here) the book is called the way and it's an interesting book full with counsel and thoughts that lead to reflexion.


The requirements from the clients were few, she wanted two small canvases ( each one is 8" x 10") and it's meant to hang in the entrace to the house, so I thought, who can give you a better welcome that Mary!, this theme also suited the client, so I started thinking about the virgin Mary, and the first thing that came to mind was the basilica of Guadalupe in Mexico City (wonderful altar!) and of course, flowers (It's customary in Catholic churches in Mexico to give flowers to Maria as a sign of respect) I wanted to try something new so I drew some the flowers by hand, they seem to be glowing for some reason! :)


I liked this theme, it's the first time I've drawn a Virgen of Guadalupe, and I loved the outcome! the little golden squares remind me of the altar in the Basilica, and the flowers, they look kind of mechanical (and luminous), for these I used pieces I found in a disposable camera (inspiration is everywhere)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home