I use collage, acrylics, photographs, antique paper, text, postal stamps, dollar bills, tarot cards, even insect wings! anything that is interesting for it's color or texture, to create new collages in different formats from canvases, to wood to journals! My new pieces are all for sale, so e-mail me if you're interested, enjoy!

Friday, June 30, 2006
















sticky

I thought it would be fun to participate in illustration friday
This week's theme is sticky, I thought about a sticky song, for me it's usually any song by britney spears... you know when you hear a catchy song and no matter how much you try, you can't get it out of your mind?? it can drive me crazy sometimes! I've been stuck with oops I did it again, many, many, many times....
This image is a lady in a class or seminar somewhere, and she's trying desperately to pay attention to what's being said, but somehow she's lost in her world where she's queen, and britney rules!
The text in the green bubble has the song's lyrics and also some thoughts, like for example... "i wonder if she still has that red jumpsuit... but more importat, i wonder if she still fits in it!"...

8 Comments:

Blogger arvindh said...

yeah some songs do stick whether you like them or not! good one!

7:26 PM

 
Blogger franhilz said...

I was attracted here by the word 'collage' - last times I've been experimenting into collages technique and I fell in love with the results

well, te invito a mi blog con ilustraciones y de paso puedes darle una mirada a mi blog de collages comenzado hace pocos días - vale la pena la opinión de una experta

what I saw here in sticky is really beautiful
congrats!

8:17 PM

 
Blogger Abbie said...

Ha!! I love it! Great collage and the added written element is a hoot! Great entry!
:) Abbie

1:56 PM

 
Blogger The Unknown said...

Well, I've never had a Britney song stuck in my head. Thanks Goodness.
love the illo.
love

1:07 AM

 
Blogger ¿? said...

Veo que tus trabajos tienen ciertas influencias del pop art.
Increíble, difícil es que guste Bosé, pero ya el bueno de Carlos Goñi!!!!!!!!!A mí es que Revolver me apasiona!!!!!!!!!:)

8:36 AM

 
Blogger Debbie said...

This is fantastic - love the collage and the idea. Man, how many times I get a song stuck in my head...usually it's a horrible one. Why is that? Love you work!

2:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excelente propuesta, muy trabajada... yo solo le doy 10 minutos a los "illustration friday"... gracias por visitar y comentar...

tambien me gusto mucho tu cafetera, mi vecino tiene una igual :P

ok, estoy desvariando, espero ver mas de tu trabajo.. saludos!!!

7:53 PM

 
Blogger navylane said...

love this collage... and such a creative approach to the sticky topic!

9:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home