I use collage, acrylics, photographs, antique paper, text, postal stamps, dollar bills, tarot cards, even insect wings! anything that is interesting for it's color or texture, to create new collages in different formats from canvases, to wood to journals! My new pieces are all for sale, so e-mail me if you're interested, enjoy!

Sunday, July 30, 2006


Clean (1)



When I was a young architect just out of college, I was working with an architect that designed very modern architecture, he asked me to design an elevation for a new discotheque we were building, and the sketches I came back with were, for his taste, very "scenographical" meaning, they looked too busy, like a theatre set. You see, in architecture slang, "clean" means simple design. (I think), this is a drawing of the way the final design of the elevation looked like, or at least that's how I remember it, you can see the actual project here: varshiva nightclub I like the way the sky looks so "dirty" it could also work for the "opposites" theme of last week. This sketch was made with pencil and acrylics on watercolor paper.

Clean (2)


The cleanest soul there is, the virgin Mary of Guadalupe. This is a detail form a painting I did called "494" It's acrylic on canvas with yellow tin foil.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lhuis said...

tu trabajo es maravilloso!!!

como mexicano me siento orgulloso de que una persona tan talentosa como tu nos represente en otro país.

Es increible esa imagen de la Virgen de Guadalupe, simplemente hermosa!

saludos y abrazos con cariño

5:45 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Love your style, there is an abstract and spontaneous quality to them!

12:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home