I use collage, acrylics, photographs, antique paper, text, postal stamps, dollar bills, tarot cards, even insect wings! anything that is interesting for it's color or texture, to create new collages in different formats from canvases, to wood to journals! My new pieces are all for sale, so e-mail me if you're interested, enjoy!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Skyline (by my daughter)


This is my daughter's contribution to Illistration Friday! She is 3 1/2 yers old and since she was about a year and a half she has enjoyed painting more than anything else I've seen her do. She's well acquainted with different media, she loves bruhes more than crayons or anything else, although sidewalk chalk is a close second. Last Friday she saw me painting the illustration I submitted (skyline) and I was telling her about the buildings and the general idea while doing it, and later on saturday we looked together to a lot of the other artist's great submissions... so, you can imagine my surprise when she handed me this painting saturday afternoon, I asked what it was and she said, "They're buildings, Mommy, like the ones we were looking at in the computer" Well, I'm a proud mom, and I wanted to share this with everybody.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Children arts is always so sincere and fun to see!

11:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe shes such a cutie!

Love the art and the fact that she was actually thinking about it enough to make a drawing of it hehe

:D

12:48 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

gorgeous. children's art is the best! i don't have children but i spend my weekends with my boyfriends 6 year old neice...we draw & paint together all the time, i just gave her her own set of water color pencils and she has had the best time with them.

4:32 PM

 
Blogger Natura said...

Ohh, qué bonito. Me encantan los dibujos de los niños.

2:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home