I use collage, acrylics, photographs, antique paper, text, postal stamps, dollar bills, tarot cards, even insect wings! anything that is interesting for it's color or texture, to create new collages in different formats from canvases, to wood to journals! My new pieces are all for sale, so e-mail me if you're interested, enjoy!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Self Portrait



This is a piece I just finished, I'm planning to use it for my website which I'm STILL working on! I didn't think it would take so long, but it's coming along... I've never been good drawing faces so I tried this technique where you use a copy of a picture and collage it. Don't I look like a saint? I didn't plan it to look that way! but it reminds me of those religious icons in the middle ages where all the saints would have a halo around their head!
Anyway... I liked the colors and the overall feel of it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maricarmen Pizano said...

Hola Rosa,
Qué gusto saber que te ha gustado mi trabajo, he venido a regresar la visita y agradecerte y me he encontrado con tu maravilloso trabajo, la pieza de la sirena me ha encantado, me gusta mucho la composición, los colores y sobre todo tu estilo!
Felicidades y gracias por hacer el contacto, vendré seguido!
Maricarmen.
:)

12:33 AM

 
Blogger Abbie said...

I think that it is fabulous! I love the color tones in the piece.. the greens and golds.. it does recall to a religious icon.. Very nice.
:) Abbie

8:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home