I use collage, acrylics, photographs, antique paper, text, postal stamps, dollar bills, tarot cards, even insect wings! anything that is interesting for it's color or texture, to create new collages in different formats from canvases, to wood to journals! My new pieces are all for sale, so e-mail me if you're interested, enjoy!

Saturday, July 15, 2006


Sacrifice


This is Illustration Friday's theme for this week, I could think of many ways to illustrate this topic, but the issue of illegal immigration from Mexico to the US kept coming back to me. Just think about this for a moment, what would you do if you had no job, no money to buy food for your family and no hope that the situation would change for the better?, Would you go to another country, a place where you don't speak the language, leave your children to the care of relatives, just with he hope that you will get some kind of job, doing anything and everything, working 2 jobs sometimes! whatever it takes to send back some money so that your kids can go to school and get some food.
I don't know if I would be able to make such a sacrifice, I mean, for my kids I would do anything! but you need to be very brave to make that decision! You're leaving and won't come back for many years!! that scares me.... but those who come here not only have hopes, they have faith! Maybe that's the key to surviving the melancholy and getting the strenght to go on.

"El Mojado tiene ganas de secarse, el mojado esta mojado por las lagrimas que bota la nostalgia, el mojado, el indocumentado, carga el bulto que el legal no cargaria ni obligado"

6 Comments:

Blogger trowbridge chronicles said...

Que bella montage.

2:52 AM

 
Blogger georg said...

beautiful image - and a wise comment

4:53 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this...and such a great message

Ouissi x

1:11 PM

 
Blogger Kim Carney said...

oh, yes, that is a perfect subject (and collage) for sacrfice, thank you so much!

2:55 PM

 
Blogger Regiana Queiroz said...

great job!!!!!

5:36 PM

 
Blogger Andrew Thornton said...

This is a very timely piece considering what is happening in the government. It's being made so that that particular sacrifice is becoming even a bigger one than it was before!

6:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home