I use collage, acrylics, photographs, antique paper, text, postal stamps, dollar bills, tarot cards, even insect wings! anything that is interesting for it's color or texture, to create new collages in different formats from canvases, to wood to journals! My new pieces are all for sale, so e-mail me if you're interested, enjoy!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Opposites




When I saw this week's theme for illustration friday : OPPOSITE, I had a lot of ideas about opposite things.. old and new, tall and short, etc... and also started to think about how men and women often reach opposite conclusions about the same subject, as I was looking for a man and a woman to illustrate this topic (in the magazine I often use as my supplier of interesting faces) I came across this picture of a wedding, I thought the expression of the woman here says a lot about what she's thinking: She's ready for her new life! looking straight to the camera sooooo happy to be there, making plans for their new life together!.... and then I saw the guy.. what was he thinking about? he's clearly somewhere else.. what could he have in his mind??? well, I took a guess and I think I'm not too mistaken about it...

I used watercolor paper and acrylic paint, a picture in newsprint paper from a magazine and pastel crayons and markers for the accents. I tried to work the composition better this time since the last ones I've made seemed to me a little bit rushed. And come to think about it, these illustrations I've made for IF look so different from my regular work, I'm having fun exploring new themes and media!

thanks for the visit!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

Hmm... not sure I would imagine my bride to be armed with a bamboo pole, but whatever gives you kicks!

1:47 AM

 
Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

Funny concept! I love how you tied it all together.

7:33 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the way you have placed thought in their minds...really clever & funny!!

Ouissi x

3:47 PM

 
Blogger Heartful said...

Wow, great original idea, so telling! I really enjoyed it.

5:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home