I use collage, acrylics, photographs, antique paper, text, postal stamps, dollar bills, tarot cards, even insect wings! anything that is interesting for it's color or texture, to create new collages in different formats from canvases, to wood to journals! My new pieces are all for sale, so e-mail me if you're interested, enjoy!

Monday, July 31, 2006

Funky hair mermaid

Ok, so you might think I'm a little crazy, but let me explain this first and then make any judgements you may feel neccesary. This is a card I made that I plan to "forget" somewhere so that someone may find it and hopefully keep it (so it doesn't end in the trash). It's the first one I've made and hopefully they'll be more. This is an idea I've been playing with for some time, it's what I think art is all about, it's getting a reaction either possitive or not, about something you make. This is a very quick card I made today, I know it's not perfect but that's really the idea, making art without thinking too much about the outcome, or how much you can get from it. I'm putting it in an envelope that says "it's for you, open" there's also a tag where I wrote "Unexpected things happen everyday"
I feel so excited about this, it's like when I was small and I was doing something I shouldn't be doing and thought I could get in trouble! like a little adventure. Making art feels fun again!! what are they going to think about my work?? IT DOESN'T MATTER!!! will they like it?? I don't care!!
Isn't it fun??!!!

ps, I can't load the picture in blogger right now, I don't know what's going on... you can go here to see it funky hair mermaid I'll try to load the picture again a little later

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow that is really cool, Rosa -- I wish I was the lucky one to find it ;)

3:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot to say... did you ever see this site http://www.found-art.com/ ? it is a community site with the similar concept of leaving art where it can unexpectedly be found by others... such a fun idea!

3:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... discount celexa generic Rentalsparty supplies alhambra ca zoom teeth whitening in orange county california Intent incorporate texas cheap digital prints parental control Tv kids show hosts Spokane and maternity clothes Disadvantage tooth whitening hockey jerseys Cellulitis diabetics in Amateur boxing association uk Shake dance Vitamins a www.ivy-rose.co.uktopicsvitamins.htm Mortgage refinancing guidelines facial plastic surgery florida Bmw wagon for sale arizona Lamborghini rent in las vegas Impotence 2bpump Leadership training for people w disabilities

11:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home