I use collage, acrylics, photographs, antique paper, text, postal stamps, dollar bills, tarot cards, even insect wings! anything that is interesting for it's color or texture, to create new collages in different formats from canvases, to wood to journals! My new pieces are all for sale, so e-mail me if you're interested, enjoy!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

well, I left the card in an envelope in my local YMCA, in the treadmill I used.... of course I stayed and watched to see what happened when someone find it! I got really excited when this old lady hopped in the treadmill and stared at it. And of course she didn't open it, she must've thought someone had forgotten it, even tough the envelope read: FOR YOU! how much clear do you need to be? she even picked it up and turned it over, where it read: YES IT'S FOR YOU! OPEN! and of course she didn't and left it there again. She finished her workout and left.... bummer.... I'm sad
I imagine I'll find the envelope tomorrow in the lost and found bin. So what have I learned?
1. No more envelopes, it creates a barrier and people aren't comfortable opening someone else's mail (at least they think it's someone else's mail)
2. No more YMCA, I need a coffee shop or a place like that, as my husband politely pointed out:)
3. I need to write something in the back of the card, like.. "this is found art" or something like that, spell it out for them, they don't expect it and that's the point.... but I wanted it to be absolutely anonymous so they don't know why they found it or who left it there...
I hope I have better luck next time!