I use collage, acrylics, photographs, antique paper, text, postal stamps, dollar bills, tarot cards, even insect wings! anything that is interesting for it's color or texture, to create new collages in different formats from canvases, to wood to journals! My new pieces are all for sale, so e-mail me if you're interested, enjoy!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006


Don't you just love the Starbucks Cards? I find them to be very pretty and clever illustrations, there's always people having coffee or something fun happening. I've been collecting them whenever I see a new one and use it in some way in a painting. I just found out today that there's some very serious collectors out there trading cards between themselves or buying cards from other collectors in other countries or states... I wonder if the guys in starbucks know about this and take advantage of it, you know, releasing different cards in different states and things like that.
Well anyway, this card I made yesterday for found art Tuesdays (its the first one I make!) is about Betty Sue, a girl that goes to starbucks everyday to get her venti chai latte (I wonder what that tastes like) and even though she tells everyone she's there for the coffee, she's secretly also there to see the other regulars, like Gavin (that handsome guy that never knows you exist), she will sit in the table by the door and watch him as he flies in and out with the same grande half-caff latte with skim milk, wondering where he's going to and what he'll do today.
What she doesn't know is that Gavin is there everyday secretly wondering if that pretty red head will be there at the table by the door, reading her paper and drinking her chai.
I'll leave this card today at the starbucks in a table to be found by someone, I wonder who it'll be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home