I use collage, acrylics, photographs, antique paper, text, postal stamps, dollar bills, tarot cards, even insect wings! anything that is interesting for it's color or texture, to create new collages in different formats from canvases, to wood to journals! My new pieces are all for sale, so e-mail me if you're interested, enjoy!

Saturday, August 05, 2006

This week's theme for illustration friday is CAPTURE. The first thing that came to my mind was a caged bird, but even more dramatic... a bird with his wings sewed shut?
This is a quick card made in a menu from one of my favorite cafes, Cafe Mia I love the gelatto! it's 5 x 5 inches.
I plan to leave this in one of the tables in the cafe as "found art" to find out more about found art, you can go here.
I used acrylic paint, pastel crayons and black marker, also I used a postal stamp from Mexico with a design of an iron gate, adding to the feeling of capture. The eye is a lens from a disposable camera... (I find inspiration everywhere!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Mauricio said...

Hello Rosa!!!

Muy lindos trabajos que hacés, ilustraciones con mucho espiritu, te felicito!

best regards

12:21 PM

 
Blogger Majeak Ann said...

que lindo diseño *~*
....me fascina como combinaste los elementos y colores( el pájaro una delicia)..esta en una muy buena pieza!!

saludos!!

4:09 PM

 
Blogger Jess said...

Wow!! I love this.
I wish I had found this.

3:56 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the concept. I've also thought about how cruel it is to cage birds...to have wings and not be able to fly...sad

12:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home