I use collage, acrylics, photographs, antique paper, text, postal stamps, dollar bills, tarot cards, even insect wings! anything that is interesting for it's color or texture, to create new collages in different formats from canvases, to wood to journals! My new pieces are all for sale, so e-mail me if you're interested, enjoy!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006


So here's my new found art tuesdays card for this week. It's made with a loteria card from a Mexican game (it's like bingo). The topic is STAR and I thought about making some kind of positive message for the person who'll find this, and not only a random story to which they wouldn't feel related to and have trouble understanding. The caption reads "You are the star in the movie of your life" I'm sure I've read this before somewhere, or maybe was it in a movie?
I left it in the women's locker room at the gym and I waited to see who found it, I'm always interested in seeing their reaction, and as I stood idly there, I saw a lot of people walking by, even standing in front of it and they either didn't saw it or didn't care to pick it up. I went upstairs to workout and after about an hour came back, and the card was still there! I've been thinking about that and I think this is becoming an interesting sociological experiment! are we so saturated with information and images that we don't stop and see what's around us? or is it that we are afraid of getting into someone else's business by picking up something that doesn't belong to us? what if opportunity is passing us by right now and we haven't stopped to listen??
See other contributions to Found Art Tuesdays here:
- Kathy Larocco

1 Comments:

Blogger Vinilos Ink said...

me encanta la combinación de elementos que hacés en tus trabajos y los colores que usás...
son buenisimos, felicitacioes!!

9:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home