I use collage, acrylics, photographs, antique paper, text, postal stamps, dollar bills, tarot cards, even insect wings! anything that is interesting for it's color or texture, to create new collages in different formats from canvases, to wood to journals! My new pieces are all for sale, so e-mail me if you're interested, enjoy!

Friday, September 29, 2006


What comes to your mind when you think about a key? Sometimes you need to know where they are, and sometimes you know where they are but don't know what they're for. Last week my daughter was looking into her daddy's wallet when she found a lonely key. What is it for, she asked... he said (as a joke) "it's the key to happiness, I always carry it around in case I need to use it someday". The real answer is that he had forgotten what it's for.
What would you do if you really had an actual key, you know the metal kind, copper or zinc or whatever.. and know you could use it in case you needed to find happiness? where could you use it? would you use it to win the lottery? or in your body should you needed to be healthy again? I don't know what I would do with it but I think I would be too scared to use it, you know what your mother always says about being careful of what you wish for because it could come true.
Maybe I wouldn't keep it for myself but then, who to give it to? and why? and what for? is anyone more worthy of it? This is the question I release to the world today. I will leave this card tomorrow in the passports office where I have to go get my new one.. It'll have the post it note that says "read me".
I don't know if I'll be able to take a picture of it, but I'll definitely try!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love seeing what you are making each week for your found art project as well as hearing about where you leave it and whether you see anyone find it.

A key to happiness? Hmm, now that is certainly something to ponder about... not sure what I would use it for. I'm coming to realize that the way to true happiness lies within each of us. That we all have the tools necessary to manifest the life we want. Perhaps I would use the key to happiness to unlock my mind to positive thinking... but then again, there are so many more people that need a jolt of happiness much more than me... so maybe I would give it away? Could I really be that selfless?!

Very thought provoking! :)

10:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home